• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Setting up Raspberry Pi Export for Game Maker Studio 2.3.1+ (Out of date ?)

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
GM Version: 2.3.1+ (Out of date ?)
Target Platform: ALL
Links:

Link to DragoniteSpam's video which helped start this tutorial

Summary:
In this tutorial, I will show you how to setup, use, and export to the Raspberry Pi using Game Maker Studio 2.3.1
There is 3 Steps total and an optional 4th step

NOTE:
Don't expect to make a full Triple A style game on the raspberry pi as the pi isn't made for that sort of thing. However a small game or a project that relies on CPU use will do very well.

What's needed:
  • Game Maker Desktop license, That allows export to Ubuntu systems
  • Raspberry Pi (4 is recommended but not required)
  • Micro SD Card & a computer device capable of reading an SD card
  • Basic understanding of how to use a computer
Written tutorial:
https//evanskistudioscom/setting-up-raspberry-pi-export-for-game
*Written tutorial is on my blog due to the fact the forum only allows up to 10 images, and I felt images for each step would be very useful for this tutorial

Video Tutorial:

Last edited:

BenRK

Going to do this on my weekend. I have one of the first models of Raspberry Pi, so I'm not expecting awesome performance, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to make something low powered run a game well. Reminds me of when I was in high school. Used Game Maker to make a game that fit on a floppy disk. THAT was a challenge!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Going to do this on my weekend. I have one of the first models of Raspberry Pi, so I'm not expecting awesome performance, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to make something low powered run a game well. Reminds me of when I was in high school. Used Game Maker to make a game that fit on a floppy disk. THAT was a challenge!
I havent tried it with anything other then a RBPi 4 so tell me how it goes! :)