• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Setting up Play Games Services for configure a Leaderboard. Topic not covered by tutorial.

• Thread starter skullandbonesband
  • Start date
S

skullandbonesband

Greetings.
I read the guide in "https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004359432-Android-Google-Play-Services-Leaderboards" but there does not cover this part.
The guide was from a year ago, and the paths seem to have changed a bit, the menu options, for example.
My doubt is which option I must choose if I will only use the available free extension in the store for google.
In the part "does your game already use Google APIs?" Which option I must choose for GM 2.3 ?

"
Yes, my game already uses Google APIs
Choose this option if you already use Google APIs in your game, like Firebase. This will create a new Play Games Services project and link it to your existing cloud project.

No, my game doesn’t use Google APIs
This will create a new Play Games Services project and link it to a new cloud project

Use an existing Play Games Services project
Only select this option if you have a specific need, for example, if you have both a free and paid version of your game with different package names."

Which one do I choose that will work with GM 2.3, in 2021?
I already set up a local system to record the names of players and high scores locally, that part is covered.

Regards,
Carlos.

Attachments