• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Setting the game speed to 0 is working.

Nodamex

After I set the game speed to 0, my room_speed becomes dynamic (It changes super-fast and correctly between 57-63).

Note: V-sync and Syncronization from options are both enabled.
Code:
game_set_speed(0, gamespeed_fps)
Eventually, my game's main problem solved by this way because I am using some kind of delta timing. I have never seen this on the forum. I searched it and found no information about setting 0.
I want to know, what is this actually doing? Can I rely on this (I hope)?
I think, it syncronizes room_speed to display's refresh rate but I am not sure.

Additional Note: If I change my display's refresh rate, room_speed corrects itself. It's like a magic.

Last edited:
M

Marcus12321

I have done delta timing by setting the fps of the game up to something crazy high like 10000.

I am not sure what the game_set_speed function affects.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Setting the game speed to 0 is considered "undocumented behaviour", which means that while it may uncap the FPS at the moment this behaviour may change at any time. In general, you shouldn't set the fps to 0 ever, and if you want to uncap the game speed then use a value of 9999 and then delta-time everything.