1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

GM:S 1.4 Setting mouse position

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Siolfor the Jackal, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

I have two circles I draw on the screen based on the x/y values I store in selection[]
    The active one moves with the mouse whilst the other stays in it's current position.
    When I press tab it toggles which circle is the active circle.
    Since they are controlled by the mouse I want to move the mouse position to the new active circle's position when I change which one is active so that the inactive circle doesn't teleport to the other circle's position when I toggle it.
    Using display_mouse_set() or window_mouse_set() doesn't work because they seem to ignore the scaling of my surface when it's not at it's native size(My surface is 1920x1080 scaled to fit my laptop's 1366x768 resolution).

So is there another function I'm missing here or do I need to do some maths when moving the mouse?

Code:
    if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_tab))
    {
        primary = !primary;

display_mouse_set(selection[primary, 0], selection[primary, 1]);
    }

selection[primary, 0] = mouse_x;
    selection[primary, 1] = mouse_y;

2. Relic

Relic Member

Think it will require maths.... or if the view camera never moves, you could (also) store the x and y values returned by window_mouse_get_x/y. Then set the mouse x and y using window_mouse_set() on toggle.

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  3. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Oh that sounds a bit clever. At the moment the view doesn't move, so that could work.