Server Question - Max Clients

Does anyone know of an easy way to raise the max number of clients on a single server above 1014 without having to write a bunch of sub servers?

Like an extension from the marketplace or something? Or maybe just a tricky piece of code I am not aware of?

O.Stogden

If you've got more than 1000 clients on a server, you're most likely running it on dedicated server hardware, and not a PC in your house.

In which case, don't use GM for a server that big, you're better off using a server that can run headless and on dedicated hardware somewhere, as it sounds like you're talking about an MMO. GM isn't good at that.

O.Stogden

I'm not overly familiar with the subject matter I'm afraid, my multiplayer is done on a small scale (8 players), so hosting a server on a GM program is fine.

But the common suggestions seem to be to use something along the lines of Python or JavaScript.

Someone more knowledgeable on the matter can probably help you further, but it will likely involve you becoming familiar with another programming language if you want to make an MMO that uses GM for the clients.

I think many MMO's probably do use more than one server though. I don't know specifics, but an MMO likely doesn't have more than a few thousand on each server, and they'll be beefy servers.

If you are new to GM as well, I'd recommend you work on smaller projects before trying to make an MMO, they are among the hardest projects to make.