• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sequence struct is not a struct?

Reprom

If you are confused by the title then don't worry, so am I.

I have no idea if this is a bug, or my IDE has an issue, or its just me not using/understanding these functions correctly but...
After I get either a sequence object struct with sequence_get(), layer_sequence_get_sequence() or sequence instance struct with layer_sequence_get_instance(), both of them will throw false after putting them in a is_struct() function.

No idea if I am missing something, but if it is indeed a bug then I just want to be sure before reporting it.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This is really a problem with is_struct() as it is incorrectly returning false, this is happening because internally we have various designations for internal objects that are all treated like structs and is_struct() is only saying true to those that are created as just structs.

I have modified the code now so that is will widen that definition to be anything that is not an instance, so sequences will start to return true (as they should).

The definition of struct being widened to be anything that is not an instance but can be treated like a struct (and assigned variables etc) NOTE: This will include methods as well, as internally they are structs

@matharoo - please note for documentation on 2.3.3

Russell