• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sequence editor needs help bad

mr2600

Man the Sequences UI is garbage. Where do I even start shredding this trash. There is no snapping with bezier curves or any way to pin down the curves numerically. The keyframes yes but everything else that counts you have to do BY EYE?! The masks are only 1bit. You can't mask inside a mask. It doesn't tell you that you can't it just does't work. Very professional. If you convert your keyframe linear to curves it's destroys your keyframes and puts your animation curve over the entirety of the sequence. If you drag and drop a sequence into a room layer you can't control it with code so you have to place it in the room with code. The auto scroll for the frame window is so fast it's unusable. The keyframes in a curve are represented with a fraction of the whole of the animation so they will change if you change the animation length and it's just stupid. Why not frames?! How has this been out for over a year and it feels like an alpha release?

IGameArt

This is the wrong place to post this, you're in the Work In Progress forum. Please read the rules before posting to avoid having your thread closed by the admins. I would suggest placing your concerns in the
GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support forum where someone can help you out. I might also suggest being less aggressive or you're likely not to get any help at all unfortunately.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I have moved the topic to the appropriate forum. I would also suggest that you try to phrase any criticism CONSTRUCTIVLY rather than use this aggressive tone...

Maybe edit your topic to list each pont and suggest how it could be improved? I rarely used sequences and so I can't really say much else on the subject.

I can understand however that you're frustrated and it should be noted that YYG are quite willing to listen to user feedback and have made multiple changes already based on user opinions (like the addition of BĆ©zier curves) but ranting like this won't get you listened to... šŸ˜‰

Last edited: