Sequence built of multiple sprites and Collision detection of them?

Hi all, I'm trying to find some elegant solutions or links how to address this issue:
I have a complex sequence which contains multiple sprite objects overlapping building an enemy.
How would I do the collision detection for this?
If the enemy has 3 legs (3 sprites) and 1 head sprite placed on top within a complex movement sequence, how would I do the collision detection for the head, or the legs?

Should I maybe ditch sequences because checking for collision is impossible?

Any help for this topic would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
You could just have whatever the "main" object is be the boss controller. Then you could have the other parts also be objects, and just use collision events. In the non-main object, they just run the code on the main object(likely using the with() statement). This assumes you are using collision events already for collisions and have things mostly set up for that.

So I create individual objects of all the sprites used in the sequence and in each object I check for the collision event?

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
So I create individual objects of all the sprites used in the sequence and in each object I check for the collision event?
That's basically the way I'm describing it yes. It isn't the only way to do it, but if you already are using the collision events its a good way to go.