• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android (sending message to user)and(if real time is 12pm you lose)

L

logan12v

Hey Guys, i need help with my game sending messages to the phone users and i also want to have it were if you don't come back by a certain time you lose. but this is not in game time its real time.

EXAMPLE:
you plant something and water it. Now you tell the user it needs to be watered again at like 12pm. Before 12pm comes around i want to send the phone user a message saying in 5 min you better water your plant or it will die.

if anyone has experience with this it would be very helpful if you could guide me through it or show me a example.

Thank you.

C

CedSharp

I don't know about sending messages (as in SMS or email) other than using HTTP with a server that does it for you, but if your game runs on android or IOS, Game Maker supports notifications:
You can show a notification when needed maybe ?

L

logan12v

But can you make a notification pop up saying water plant at 12pm Jan 20 2018 and if they don't do it the plant dies?

C

CedSharp

I gave you a link to the documentation relating to notifications, check it out and play with it :p

When you want your game to continue to run even when closed, you have to save all the information you need.
GameMaker has a bunch of scripts to get the date. Just compare if it is too late and kill the plant when the game loads.