Asset - Project Selling Exclusive Rights To My Assets

Posh Indie

That Guy
This is going to be an incredibly tough sell. $650 over that length of time earned on the assets, which are currently geared for the previous version of GMS and have endured % off sales (This reduces future customers as people already own them), and a brand that has more "Followings" than "Followers" (And looks to be at the beginnings of attempting to generate a following). Not poking fun at the brand here, but my own Twitter is running better ratios with, admittedly, very little effort. This is not saying I am a guru (Quite the opposite or I would be posting every day), it is saying, "What is being sold is not really of any realistic monetary value". Sentimental value is worth $0 to anyone interested unless it is guaranteed that you will want it back and they can drag you through the coals when that time comes. It does not help that the post reads like a pop-up dietary supplement ad.

Falling back into my standard "Negative Nancy" self, this sounds less like a "retirement from being a publisher" and more like a "final cash in" on what is already there and run dry.

That said, advice is hidden in my words. Build up the brand much further and update the extensions to GMS2 (or better, create new extensions that are not currently being sold to sweeten the deal).

G

Guest User

and a brand that has more "Followings" than "Followers" (And looks to be at the beginnings of attempting to generate a following). Not poking fun at the brand here, but my own Twitter is running better ratios with, admittedly, very little effort.
I am sorry for misunderstanding, with brand I meant my publisher account, not the Twitter account. I will take the Twitter account down after sale.

Falling back into my standard "Negative Nancy" self, this sounds less like a "retirement from being a publisher" and more like a "final cash in" on what is already there and run dry.
Why not both? I will enter college this September and needed to compensate for the tuition losses. Beside I won't have time to work again so that seems like retiring to me.

That said, advice is hidden in my words. Build up the brand much further and update the extensions to GMS2 (or better, create new extensions that are not currently being sold to sweeten the deal).
As much as I really want to, I don't think that will ever happen. Unfortunately.

Posh Indie

That Guy
I am sorry for misunderstanding, with brand I meant my publisher account, not the Twitter account. I will take the Twitter account down after sale.

Why not both? I will enter college this September and needed to compensate for the tuition losses. Beside I won't have time to work again so that seems like retiring to me.

As much as I really want, I don't that will ever happen. Unfortunately.
This response, unfortunately, devalues the offerings further. Now there is no brand outside of the game maker marketplace.

Be honest. These assets would need to bring in a lot more money over that length of time to constitute college tuition losses.

i get it. The sentimental value you have for these offerings is much higher than the monetary value. (I am going this route to give you the benefit of the doubt, instead of claiming the alternative of this being a flat out scam)

Let us look at a little hypothetical situation, though. If we struck an agreement that I buy your brand and assets for $10... my initial acquisition is $650 worth of customers to support (And with % sales, that number would be higher than expected if running flat numbers). The brand is effectively non-existent if the social media presence gets deleted.

All I would have done is reduced my own time availability before even taking action on reviving the assets themselves. To what end? Most people that want them already own them. The % sales scraped up all the potentials that were on the fence already.

Last edited:
L

Lonewolff

Let us look at a little hypothetical situation, though. If we struck an agreement that I buy your brand and assets for $10... my initial acquisition is $650 worth of customers to support (And with % sales, that number would be higher than expected if running flat numbers). The brand is effectively non-existent if the social media presence gets deleted.
Very good point actually. You are buying the right to support all previous customers effectively, with no real guarantee of future income with dated 1.4 assets.

Where did the $650 figure come from? Did the OP edit this out of his post? Is that the sales to date?

Maybe @BiTrunade should post a screenshot of earnings to date, along with the complete historical graph, to give an indication on frequency of sales, etc...

At the moment we only have his word that the assets actually sell. The only real evidence is 9 reviews on the MP which equates to $117.91 in sales.

Mert

This is going to be an incredibly tough sell. $650 over that length of time earned on the assets, which are currently geared for the previous version of GMS and have endured % off sales (This reduces future customers as people already own them), and a brand that has more "Followings" than "Followers" (And looks to be at the beginnings of attempting to generate a following). Not poking fun at the brand here, but my own Twitter is running better ratios with, admittedly, very little effort. This is not saying I am a guru (Quite the opposite or I would be posting every day), it is saying, "What is being sold is not really of any realistic monetary value". Sentimental value is worth $0 to anyone interested unless it is guaranteed that you will want it back and they can drag you through the coals when that time comes. It does not help that the post reads like a pop-up dietary supplement ad.

That, my friends, is how you should buy and sell things in your life
GOLDEN ADVICE!

G

Guest User

Without quoting the above entries, I will sell my assets to a party that are willing to market the assets as theirs, I do not guarantee sales nor I will. As a matter of fact, it will become your duty to market them.

And I, too, find it absurd that the sum of money I will receive will compensate for the college tuition. It will somewhat just make it easier for the one who are paying the tuition on my behalf.

And the most important reason for me to sell my assets, if not the sole reason, is marketing. As you had mentioned earlier in your post that I am an "Unknown," is true. Thinking about it, I was a needle in a haystack. Without being featured in the homepage or giving hefty discounts I wouldn't have made that revenue.

i get it. The sentimental value you have for these offerings is much higher than the monetary value. (I am going this route to give you the benefit of the doubt, instead of claiming the alternative of this being a flat out scam)
Since when selling royalties is "a flat out scam" as you have mentioned above. After all YOU'RE the one who's willing to acquire the assets. YOU'RE the one who is going to sign a contract. And YOU'RE the one who is willing to market them.

Signing a contract and agreeing on taking the risk does not seem like a scam to me.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
If members don't want this marketplace offer, or don't feel it's a worthwhile purchase, they can move on.

Either way, there's no reason for this over-heated and accusatory argument.

EDIT: I removed a few posts below because they weren't specifically related to this topic and to the assets involved here.

Last edited:

Posh Indie

That Guy
If members don't want this marketplace offer, or don't feel it's a worthwhile purchase, they can move on.

Either way, there's no reason for this over-heated and accusatory argument.
Fair enough. Placing my final response in this thread.

To you and anyone who ends up with the offerings: "Good luck!"

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Wait your selling the assets, allowing people to put them on the marketplace to sell them as there own, but there already on the marketplace, by you?

G

Guest User

Wait your selling the assets, allowing people to put them on the marketplace to sell them as there own, but there already on the marketplace, by you?
When they buy the rights of my assets, I'll take mine down :)

Greenwitch

What do you mean by buying the 'rights'? What can the buyers possibly gain from buying the 'rights' to your asset? As far as I notice, your assets have been there for a long time, and throughout those times they only produce $600 profit. Your sales curve has basically bottomed out, they're pretty much not going to sell that much anymore at this point. If someone gets into this deal today and pays you $435 for the 'exclusive rights', what could he possibly gain aside from being short 435 bucks?

G

Guest User

What do you mean by buying the 'rights'? What can the buyers possibly gain from buying the 'rights' to your asset? As far as I notice, your assets have been there for a long time, and throughout those times they only produce $600 profit. Your sales curve has basically bottomed out, they're pretty much not going to sell that much anymore at this point. If someone gets into this deal today and pays you $435 for the 'exclusive rights', what could he possibly gain aside from being short 435 bucks?
When you acquire the rights to my assets, you could sell them on your marketplace publisher account or anywhere else.

It's been a year since I marketed my assets or actually put an effort into marketing them, that might explain some down fall in the sales, aside from the marketplace homepage no one would know where the assets are, and as you would put it, "435 dollars short," I say you could possibly double, or even triple, what you spent if you sell them on other websites like Itch.io or other marketplaces.
If you market them right and show them to the right audience.

Not to mention, Texas Holdem is the only one in the marketplace, as well as Hearts and Blackjack. Thus no competition.

For me I don't even have GMS installed on my computer, and I really don't want to get back, so yeah, get them noticed and you'll sell.