• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SELF-SOLVED :D] I can't login to GameMaker Studio 2

I can't login to GameMaker Studio 2 (Steam). I'll tell you everything in order.

• Yesterday I couldn't export or test my project for any platform. I waited about 15-20 mins for build. But, there was no process in the output window. So, today I uninstalled GameMaker and reinstalled it via Steam.
• But I can't login to GameMaker right now. This is what happens when I open GMS2 :

••• A window comes that says this : Error (42) - One or more required parameters was missing. Then I clicked Retry, the only button.
••• Yoyo Games Account Login Window comes. I entered my email and password.
••• Then a window comes that says this : Unable to login - failed to get a Steam session ticket.
If I click the Retry (the only button) , then yoyo login window comes again. It's vicious circle.

I tried reinstalling GMS2 for 4 times. Also I tried link my Steam account on yoyogames.com. But result has not changed.

Please help me. Thanks in advance :) ♥

M

MagicLight

happened to me when I bought GMS, but should not happen if you have a working GMS I think, but anyway,I had a popup blocker enabled on the yoyo website, there is a popup where you need to agree to the terms that was never displayed in the browser, make sure you disable ad blocker/popup blocker and login to your account and it should be there, after that you should be able to login if that is the problem, but that was with a new account so maybe have nothing to do with your problem.

Hahaaha :D I tried everything to fix GMS2. I joined the 2.1.4 beta but it didn't work. then I returned to the latest version and it works now ? interesting :)