• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Selecting an object in room editor that's overlapped by another

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Hi guys,

In 1.4 I've got a 32x32 square object that's transparent, under that I've got a smaller object.. How do I select the smaller object because it always selects the object ontop ?

renex

go in the settings tab, open the instance list, and move the bottom instance to the end of the list.

instances that appear later in the list, have priority to get selected in the room editor.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Does that also change what gets created first when the game is run ? or is it exclusive to the room editor ?
Would've been nice to have a right click - send to back like in VS.

renex

it does change, they're created from top to bottom.

generally, if you need to use other instances' data initialized in create events, you should use a room start event to make sure creation order doesn't break things.