• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Select previous object

curato

Is there a keybind or something that if you have one object selected then click on the menu to move to another one that you could hit and it would return you to editing the previous one? Just seems like an option like that would save me tons of time.

gnysek

No, and as there's no API for IDE available, it's not possible now to add this feature. You can request it, but after 4 years we still didn't yet get keys rebinding (which was added to GMS1 at some point, so this is a step back), so there's 1% chance they gonna add it.
Some editors have shortcut like Alt+Left/Right to move between where mouse cursor was focused.

curato

oh ok. No biggie I just doing use a jumbotron monitor to code and sometimes you need to check a script and go to that and then need to go back to where you were it would be nice cause most of the time when I go to a new item I can't see the old one anymore.

gnysek

There are "recent windows" (from "Windows" menu in top bar) if we're talking about editiong resources, but that's on higher scope. If we talk about going back/forth trough events, room instances etc., then it's not possible.

gnysek

Ctrl+Alt+1/2/3/4 to bookmark, then Ctrl+1/2/3/4 to go back.
But that works only in current event/script, and question wasn't about code. You can't move to room editor properties or image editor with that :) I assumed that question was about jumping between any (sub)window, in order in reverse order that they were visited (objects can be edited on workspace and room editor).

But that works only in current event/script, and question wasn't about code. You can't move to room editor properties or image editor with that :)
Well, since the room editor is pretty much always in the tabs at the top, it's already pretty much 1 click away.
But no, that doesn't only works for the current event, you could bookmark, say, some line on the draw event of object A in the 1-slot, and the step event of object B in the 2-slot, and so on.
But yeah, you're right, you can't go to a room editor with that, gotta use the tabs for that.