• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Seeking Experienced Programmer (And/Or Composer)

J

Jaspers

Over the past few years, I've been working entirely on my own to bring a project of mine to life; I've created the pixel art, I've written the story, I've designed the world, I'm fully prepared to manage putting my game on Steam, and I've even started composing the soundtrack in my free time. Undertaking every facet of game design like this has set back the production of my game by a very, very long time, and while I am more than ready to wait, I think it would be in my best interest to take on another team member. That is to say, I need a programmer.

On the Lam is a DOS-esque text-adventure where you play as an escaped convict trying to flee the country with a motley crew of dubious, but well-meaning, individuals. With the country in the midst of a civil war between the super company, Cardinal, and the magical community as a whole, the borders are watched heavily and traveling, much less escaping, is by no means an easy feat.

Especially if you don't want to get involved.

Features:

A cast of over 40 colorful, unique characters, each with their own stories and ventures that both help and shape your escape from the country of Savant.

A strange and dangerous world to explore, fight through, and cope with; several branching story lines that hinge on how you choose to play.

An RPG style of combat and game play, where levels and grinding are replaced with an affinity for magic, a proficiency with science, and the help of your friends along the way.

Additionally, while I have another composer working on the game's soundtrack as we speak, an experienced musician would be more than welcome; I'm looking to have this game finished in the relative future, and I'd hate to have it held back due to a lack of appropriate music.

I'm very, very serious about my project; as such, I have a few guidelines for those that may be interested in contacting me (Either through private messages on the forums or at my email address: [email protected] ). Please give them a quick look before deciding on whether or not you should help, and thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

Please DO contact me if:
  • You have experience with programming in Game Maker.
  • You are ready to present an example of your skill. (Previous works, portfolio, etc.)
  • You are fluent in speaking, and typing, in English.
  • You are willing to volunteer your time and effort without immediate pay.
  • You are ready to try your hand at designing a system for a text adventure from the ground up.

Do NOT contact me if:
  • You are only just starting with programming in Game Maker.
  • You are under 18 years of age.
  • You have no examples of your skill as a programmer.
  • Your schedule is heavily occupied with other matters, or if I can't contact you as necessary.
  • You don't know if you can manage a system that calls for several commands, branching paths, and complex mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator: