Secret Santa 2019! (Sign-ups are now closed.)

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by HayManMarc, Nov 22, 2019.

1. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

Getting coal for xmas doesn't bother me none. I like coal. It keeps you warm, cooks your food, and becomes diamonds (somehow.) Thank you so much. <3

Fun Fact: In Gwindor Online (an MMORPG that almost was) players could help an NPC deliver presents (as a daily quest - all month long.) In exchange: You'd have presents delivered to you, too! If you didn't do your part, you'd receive an mailbox full of coal at the end of the month. Consequently: This would wreck the server's mining economy in the following month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    HayManMarc and sitebender like this.
  2. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

sitebender and HayManMarc like this.
  3. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

Almost ready! To start things off, check out your pins!

Participant Pins! (first half)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

Participant Pins! (second half)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a few more minutes to go for the last gift to finish uploading.....

5. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

SANTA HAS ARRIVED!
    >> Get your gift! <<

Just in time for Christmas! ;)

Enjoy your gifts, everyone! And thanks for playing the "GMC Secret Santa 2019" this year!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!

6. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

I must say, this avatar truly captures my essence. Thank you very much. I love it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. sitebender

sitebender Member

Thanks for the mini site.

GMWolf, HayManMarc and SilentxxBunny like this.
  8. Micah_DS

Micah_DS Member

I thought I'd try making a very quick minute long "unboxing/reaction" video. Of course, I recorded it super late, so that's why I'm talking quietly and I'm a bit too close to the mic, trying not to wake the house.
    I super appreciate the gift of my game's spiky monster, and also HayManMarc's pin, of course! :)

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :D

As for me, I gotta work on Christmas, but at least I get paid double time. :p

HayManMarc, GMWolf and SilentxxBunny like this.
  9. Alice

Alice Toolmaker of Bucuresti Forum Staff Moderator

I've got a picture that appear to be a mobile portrait-oriented wallpaper? At least the dimensions imply something like that (I figured if it was a simple wish card, it would contain some wishes). Either way, that's a well-drawn picture, I like it. Thanks, Santa. ^^
    (I plan to change the avatar soon, but oh well...)

And of course, huge thanks to @HayManMarc for organising the event and making the pins!

On a side note, I made some guesses about who is whose Santa (because some people just can't appreciate the charm of mystery, am I right? *whistling*). There are a few I'm very confident about, some more or less educated guesses and some attempts at fitting the remaining people somewhere. ^^'

HayManMarc, SilentxxBunny and GMWolf like this.
  10. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

Been using the same christmas gift avatar for 2 years but now I got myself a new one. Thanks Santa!

Also I thought this actually contained a real game in it but its just a video. Oh well. It looks really impressive. The quality makes me suspect it could be either Chance, Micah_DS, or GMWolf... hmmm Super curious now...

11. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I got an avatar and a really cool wallpaper to go with it!
    GMWolf - wallpaper.png
    Thanks secret santa! I'm not too sure who it could be so I'll have to start stalking every other santa on the GMC to figure it out!
    Of course a special thanks to @HayManMarc for organising this!

[Edit] sorry HMM for scaling down the gorgeous pin down beyond recognition but I didn't know how else to get it not to take up all the space on a forum page.

SilentxxBunny and HayManMarc like this.
  12. Cloaked Games

Cloaked Games Member

I was given a project with code for creating a procedurally generated Zelda-esque dungeon. I am eager to take a close look at the code, procedural generation is my favorite area of programming.

It's actually a little uncanny considering I haven't actually announced my next project yet, but I can say that this code will be useful. One of the scripts provided literally does the exact function that I programmed yesterday for my new game, though in 30% fewer lines. I have much to learn.

PS I have a good guess who made it, but I won't say so I don't embarrass myself if I'm wrong.

13. Rui Rosário

Rui Rosário Member

Ohh nice, a lot of suspense around my second half of the gift, can't wait to see what it is!

I still need to try to track down the creator though (curiosity is the worst)...
    Are you sharing that list? :p

14. Alice

Not until my Santa guesses me. I mean, I couldn't get *myself* wrong, so it would be giving myself away. ^^

When it comes to the gift, I think it might have been made by *drumroll* you!

(my further guesses would be someone like Misu or GMWolf, but from the people I'm not 100% certain about, you seem like the closest guess)

15. Rui Rosário

Rui Rosário Member

Unless you purposely wrongly guessed someone to hide it!

I can say that I do not have such graphical skills.... So I guess you have to keep looking!

16. Alice

Ah, sorry, I glanced at GMC Jam #3 timelapse of your entry and found some really neat looking vector art, so I got an impression it's something within your graphics capabilities. Only later I've found that the vector was based on some other art. ^^'

Still, looking at that timelapse again I can tell quite confidently who was your giftee instead of me.

17. Rui Rosário

Rui Rosário Member

Yeah, I was playing around with some Inkspace techniques back then but all of them revolved around basing the work on existing assets

18. Homunculus

Homunculus Member

I got a lovely poetic poemy poem, and a well done piece of music that feels like creepy christmas (but creepy christmas is best christmas). One of the most notable things though is that my avatar has been correctly identified as Akumetsu! Not sure it would work as a Utsemuka spaceship though :D.

A big thanks to my Secret Santa and @HayManMarc for organising this.

I honestly have no idea about who could be my Santa, but I'm definitely going to investigate!

19. sitebender

sitebender Member

With so many people trying to find their Secret Santas, this forum has become an accusitorium!

I assume the real gift is to @HayManMarc with bribes to divulge information.

20. Coded Games

Coded Games Member

Someone made me a game! I’ll give it a try later tonight. Merry Christmas everyone!

21. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

22. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Sounds like it was a pretty good SS again this year, well done, guys!

Coded Games, HayManMarc and GMWolf like this.
  23. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

This is a fun GMC tradition, even if only a few members participate. And this year has been another good Secret Santa event, thanks to the efforts of @HayManMarc.

I'm enjoying my gift -- a fun physics toy. Thank you, Santa. :)

24. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

I'm happy to report that @Rui Rosário has finally received his gift in full! Woot! Happy Christmas Part 2, Rui! :)

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  25. Rui Rosário

Rui Rosário Member

Took me a while to be able to enjoy my gift but I have to say: Receiving a fighting game with myself as the main character was quite fun! The game is pretty well done as well so my hat's off to the creator (which I am fairly certain of who it is but I won't pursue it, let the Christmas Mystery remain!). I will make sure to save the APK dearly as a memory of this Secret Santa, which once again, thank you!

Misu, sitebender and HayManMarc like this.