• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Search and replace

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
ctrl+shift+F

I searched single quote on a create event to replace for double quotes. It worked so well that it changed ALL single quote for double quotes in then entire project!!

Could be great...but what if I don't want this?

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Global find and replace is awesome. It loops to all my objects and scripts. It was easy to search all double quotes and turn them 1 by 1 to single quote.

breakmt

Please, how to use local Search and replace? I have 2.0.6.146 and I can't find this function. I see in release notes for 2.0.6.136 "Search and replace inside the current script has been added".... but where??? Open my eyes please...

breakmt

Oh, I see now, thank you! Wonder why this command is not present in "Edit" menu... Or anywhere else o_O

J

JapanGamer29

Necro!

I can't find it in GMS2 v2.2.3.

CTRL+SHIFT+F opens the Search & Replace dialog box, but there's no option to search the current file. The down arrows only show your search and replace history.

upload_2019-9-1_15-24-30.png

Does local search still exist? Thanks.

rIKmAN

Necro!

I can't find it in GMS2 v2.2.3.

CTRL+SHIFT+F opens the Search & Replace dialog box, but there's no option to search the current file. The down arrows only show your search and replace history.

View attachment 26480

Does local search still exist? Thanks.
CTRL+SHIFT+F is global find / replace.

If you have the event open and use just CTRL+F it will just search that specific event, or there is a tickbox in the search window that appears that says "Selection only" - tick that and it will search just the selected / highlighted text in the event you are in.

edit: ninja'd!

J

JapanGamer29

Wow... 30 years of using computers, including a degree in the subject, and I've never used CTRL+F. :p

In fact, the only shortcut keys I ever use are CTRL with Z, X, C and V. Other than that, I've always used menus. I'm embarrassed. Even when I read the posts above that said to use CTRL+F, I assumed they meant with SHIFT, because that's what it says in the menu. Man, I'm starting to question my sanity.

Thanks for helping. I'm a bit smarter now. :)