• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android 'SDK ADB tool does not exists' - Problem.

Carloskhard

I've been exporting games for Android for a whole year without problems but today suddenly Game Maker Studio gives me this error 'SDK ADB tool does not exists'.

I guess I'll have to download all the sdk from android again? Anyone knows why this happened if nothing has changed?
Thanks

rIKmAN

Windows cmd doesnt recognize that command
Set the path to ADB in your Environment variables and try again.

Open a command prompt, and type...
Code:
PATH %PATH%;E:\Android\sdk\platform-tools
...but replace "E:\Android\skd\platform-tools" with the actual path to your platform-tools folder.

Carloskhard

Set the path to ADB in your Environment variables and try again.

Open a command prompt, and type...
Code:
PATH %PATH%;E:\Android\sdk\platform-tools
...but replace "E:\Android\skd\platform-tools" with the actual path to your platform-tools folder.
Done,but nothing has change

rIKmAN

Is it present in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\sdk\platform-tools"?

If so, cd to there and run 'adb devices' with your phone plugged in.
If that works run the command from earlier but use the path above.

Carloskhard

Is it present in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\sdk\platform-tools"?

If so, cd to there and run 'adb devices' with your phone plugged in.
If that works run the command from earlier but use the path above.
Okay now that worked in that folder.
I've erased the sdk folder I had because it was giving problems.
I'm reinstalling it all again from android studio but Game Maker ask me for old APIs.Do I have to install ALL APIS? Because thats a lot of GB and I've read from here (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-) that you just need the last SDK :confused:
The output was this:
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
16140446 device

Last edited:

rIKmAN

@Carloskhard
Have you added the path to your environment variables as above using that new path that worked?
So now just opening a command prompt and trying 'adb' works without having to cd to the localappdata folder?

If so, make sure your SDK manager is up to date, make sure your android settings inside GMS are set to versions that you have installed in the SDK Manager and try compiling an empty room project to your device.

Also, just checking that you are using the correct SDK versions for your version of GMS?
What are they?

Carloskhard

@rIKmAN
I'have got a little loss with that.Let me recap.
I've done this code "PATH %PATH%;E:\Android\sdk\platform-tools" in the local folder.
Then I tried the ADB devices and it wordked.
I decided to erase my old folder with all sdks because it wasnt working and in Game Maker>preferences>android>sdk I set the location for sdk in AppData\Local\Android\sdk:
Then I have the error: API 13 is not installed.
However that API is very old and I'm not interested and also this oficial page of Yoyogames sais I just have to install the last API so I'm confused.

Answering you: Nop, "ADB devices" only work in that folder.
"make sure your SDK manager is up to date" -> if you mean android studio I just installed it so is up to date.
"android settings inside GMS are set to versions that you have installed in the SDK" -> I dont know how this works.

rIKmAN

@rIKmAN
I'have got a little loss with that.Let me recap.
I've done this code "PATH %PATH%;E:\Android\sdk\platform-tools" in the local folder.
Then I tried the ADB devices and it wordked.
I decided to erase my old folder with all sdks because it wasnt working and in Game Maker>preferences>android>sdk I set the location for sdk in AppData\Local\Android\sdk:
Then I have the error: API 13 is not installed.
However that API is very old and I'm not interested and also this oficial page of Yoyogames sais I just have to install the last API so I'm confused.

Answering you: Nop, "ADB devices" only work in that folder.
"make sure your SDK manager is up to date" -> if you mean android studio I just installed it so is up to date.
"android settings inside GMS are set to versions that you have installed in the SDK" -> I dont know how this works.
Why are you pointing it to E: when that isn't the path to your platform-tools folder? I said to change that part to your actual path.

What version of GMS are you using?
Have you read the Android setup guide for your version?

Carloskhard

Why are you pointing it to E: when that isn't the path to your platform-tools folder? I said to change that part to your actual path.

What version of GMS are you using?
Have you read the Android setup guide for your version?
No no,I have done it with the actual path to locala-appdata,that was just to name the code jaja Sorry for the mistake.
I'm using game maker studio 1.4.
Yep,That article was about game maker 1.4

rIKmAN

Ok so now point GMS preference to the location where it worked, then create a new project, and in the Global Game Settings change the version numbers to the ones you have installed in the SDK Manager, or leave them as they are and install those version in the SDK Manager.

Then try compiling that empty room project to your device.

The error about API 13 is because you are trying to compile using a version that you don't have installed in th SDK Manager.

Carloskhard

Ok so now point GMS preference to the location where it worked, then create a new project, and in the Global Game Settings change the version numbers to the ones you have installed in the SDK Manager, or leave them as they are and install those version in the SDK Manager.

Then try compiling that empty room project to your device.

The error about API 13 is because you are trying to compile using a version that you don't have installed in th SDK Manager.

Then how do I change the version to compile in? I see the "version" inside Global settings>Android>Product information but I dont know how to fill those 3 spaces. Because it wants me to put in ALL APIs

rIKmAN

Then how do I change the version to compile in? I see the "version" inside Global settings>Android>Product information but I dont know how to fill those 3 spaces. Because it wants me to put in ALL APIs
Like I just said, compare the version you have installed in your SDK Manager.
The API numbers and version are shown in there.

It should already have numbers filled in from the template, 23.0.0 maybe?

Try compiling and see what the error message is.

Carloskhard

Like I just said, compare the version you have installed in your SDK Manager.
The API numbers and version are shown in there.

It should already have numbers filled in from the template, 23.0.0 maybe?

Try compiling and see what the error message is.
I have installed api 27,25 and 22.I've tried 22.0.0 abd 23.0.0 but nope.Same error asking for api 13

rIKmAN

I have installed api 27,25 and 22.I've tried 22.0.0 abd 23.0.0 but nope.Same error asking for api 13
Then go to the SDK Manager and install API13!

Come on dude, use some common sense.

Edit:
Or as I said, change the version numbers in GMS to ones that you have installed in the SDK Manager.

Carloskhard

If I do that is going to ask me to install SDK 14,then 15,then 16,then 17,then 18...and thats more than 20GB when Yoyogames is saying I can just install the last API I'm using...If they are mistaken then well..I'll have to install everything but that's sad :c

Edit: I've already download api 13 and he also wants me to install all the complements from api 13 when in the same android studio is saying it is obsolet!
I dont want to spend 24 GB of memory downloading obsolet apis I'm not even going to use.

Last edited:

Carloskhard

Edit:
Or as I said, change the version numbers in GMS to ones that you have installed in the SDK Manager.
I have already change the version and that does nothing.. I dont know what else to put in the version spaces.I cant find any information about that neither

rIKmAN

If I do that is going to ask me to install SDK 14,then 15,then 16,then 17,then 18...and thats more than 20GB when Yoyogames is saying I can just install the last API I'm using...If they are mistaken then well..I'll have to install everything but that's sad :c
It will ask you to install the version of the API that you are trying to compile against - which is the version you put in the Global Game Settings, it's nothing to do with YYG.

I don't know what else to tell you, just set the correct version numbers for the APIs you have installed - it's that simple.

Try reading this: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-1-4-1763-as-of-may-1-2017.16061/#post-112300

You should spend some time doing some reading / research because it sounds like you don't really understand what's going on, and with the way Android updates / changes regularly it's important you do understand as you will be continually stuck asking for help when APIs need changing / updating to build future projects.

Carloskhard

It will ask you to install the version of the API that you are trying to compile against - which is the version you put in the Global Game Settings, it's nothing to do with YYG.

I don't know what else to tell you, just set the correct version numbers for the APIs you have installed - it's that simple.

Try reading this: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-1-4-1763-as-of-may-1-2017.16061/#post-112300

You should spend some time doing some reading / research because it sounds like you don't really understand what's going on, and with the way Android updates / changes regularly it's important you do understand as you will be continually stuck asking for help when APIs need changing / updating to build future projects.
I've finally set it to work.
I was just reading about versions and APIs until I find the meaning of the 3 slots and putting 22.22.22 made it.
I will read more but the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks for your time rlKmAN,and sorry for the problems :)

B

Brunomir

upload_2019-3-16_5-41-56.png
I am having this issue. I tryed almost everything, but each time I install adb.exe seems that game maker studio deletes it when I put the folder path. I've tryied with differents folders. Any Idea what's going on?

Something must have changed, maybe you just didn't notice or realise?
If you open a command prompt and type "adb devices" what output do you get?
Before opening game maker I did the adb devices check and it worked ok, after I opened game maker now uit doesnt recognize the commands.

Help please

rIKmAN

View attachment 23705
I am having this issue. I tryed almost everything, but each time I install adb.exe seems that game maker studio deletes it when I put the folder path. I've tryied with differents folders. Any Idea what's going on?
Rather than digging up a post from 2017, make a new thread next time - so much will have changed regarding versions and compatibilities since this thread was made.

For your problem the path should point to the AndroidSDK folder, not the platform-tools folder inside it.

B

Brunomir

Rather than digging up a post from 2017, make a new thread next time - so much will have changed regarding versions and compatibilities since this thread was made.

For your problem the path should point to the AndroidSDK folder, not the platform-tools folder inside it.
Yes I'm sorry, I was diggin everything I could in order to solve it and this was the thread that I found more similar to my issue.
I did point it to the AndroidSDK folder at the beginning and it doesn't work :

upload_2019-3-16_17-11-44.png

Should I make a new thread? I am sorry I'm new at this

rIKmAN

Should I make a new thread? I am sorry I'm new at this
In future yes you should make a new thread rather than reviving posts this old if you can't find an answer, but at least you searched before posting which is more than most new users do.

What version of GMS 1.4 are you using?

Have you followed the the Android Setup Guide?
If not, start fresh and follow that guide through.

B

Brunomir

Yes I did followed that guide. At the beginning I downloaded the SDK without android studio, and it worked for a few builds, like 3 or 4. After an hour or 2 it stoped working, it apparently deleted the adb.exe file, so I tried downloading the SDK platform tools again and got this error
r8I5w.jpg
After a day of trying to work it out searching how to fix it, I've decided to uninstall and try with android studio following that exact same guide that you posted the link. And everything was going fine , even de adb devices command worked, UNTIL I opened game maker and pointed to the SDK folder, that's when is stop working again.