• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Design Scrolling game

V

VansiusProductions

Hi guys,
I've been thinking about making a horizontal scrolling room where the player can see the objects' size compared to one another. Similar to this:

However this player can scroll and zoom in etc.
I would love to see if you guys can help me come up with some sample code on how to do this.
The one thing that I have the most trouble with is calculating the distance of the objects from each other because depending on their size, if the player zoomed in, their distance would increase to prevent overlap.
I'm also having troubling creating instances with information from a ds grid but that's for another thread.

D

Dengar

the third smallest looks like the deathstar :cool:

why not use it as a background and just zoom in and out and not make each planet its own object/instance.

V

VansiusProductions

the third smallest looks like the deathstar :cool:

why not use it as a background and just zoom in and out and not make each planet its own object/instance.
I'm planning to make this interactive, for example able to choose to view certain objects. Also I'm planning on adding a LOT of objects and just placing them in the room would be annoying and a lot of calculations have to be made. I'm planning on only having instances created when they are in view.