• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Scripts code removes by itself

V

victorkunai

I've tested my game just when I've loaded the project for the first time today and... my character don't make the movements of the script assigned for the action. And when I've checked the script... nothing!!! 80 lines of code removed... and in 6 more scripts that makes the same but for other characters.

It's the second time this week, any ideas why this happens?? Thanks!

rIKmAN

I've tested my game just when I've loaded the project for the first time today and... my character don't make the movements of the script assigned for the action. And when I've checked the script... nothing!!! 80 lines of code removed... and in 6 more scripts that makes the same but for other characters.

It's the second time this week, any ideas why this happens?? Thanks!
No idea why the code would disappear, but if you haven't run your project too many times since it happened you should be able to recover them from one of the automatic backups that GMS makes - I think the default is 5 backups which update on a rolling basis each time a project is run.

Go to My Documents > GameMaker > Backups and find your project and hopefully the scripts will be in one of them.

This is also why Source Control is recommended so you might want to look into it going forward.

V

victorkunai

No idea why the code would disappear, but if you haven't run your project too many times since it happened you should be able to recover them from one of the automatic backups that GMS makes - I think the default is 5 backups which update on a rolling basis each time a project is run.

Go to My Documents > GameMaker > Backups and find your project and hopefully the scripts will be in one of them.

This is also why Source Control is recommended so you might want to look into it going forward.
Thanks!! There they are, but it's so weird that's happens...