Question - IDE Script getting "emptied"

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Dawn, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn Member

Alright, this doesn't happen always but has happened to me twice already.

The symptom is simple, the whole code of a script disappears. It shows a empty window before my eyes in the blink of an eye. Redo doesn't work, there's no way to recover it other than doing it all over from last backup. I've already had issues with GMS2's ridiculous method of managing files "physically" and I suspect this bug is from that but whatever, the point is that it's happened and would happen again.

So, is this a known issue?

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

This sounds like something related to an over-zealous anti-virus or maybe something like dropbox reverting files... Where are you saving your game yyp files to?

3. Dawn

Dawn Member

In my SSD and I only use Windows defender. I just zip the project everyday.

4. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

Nocturne is also asking you where in your SSD the project is stored. Automatic file sync applications like Dropbox and OneDrive are known to overrule your GMS 2 changes without your consent.

5. Dawn

Dawn Member

The project folder is not in any cloud locations. Actually I only turn them on when I upload backups. This is just too specific to be a faulty SSD behaviour or whatsoever.