• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

screen_save_part gives me half the image height

W

Wal

Hey guys ,

I'm using screen_save_part to take a screenshot on mobiles . ( screen_save takes a weird size for the screenshot )

I get the correct width but half the height ( even if I multiply display_get_height by 2 , same result ) :

screen_save_part("screenshot.png",0,0,display_get_width,display_get_height);

Whatever I choose for height , it gives me a cropped image .

Do you know what I'm doing wrong ? I'm using display_get_height in order to take the mobile's resolution .

Thanks !

Edit : I can look for the .png saved in the GMS YY runtime folder created in the Android phone directory .

But f I create the .apk and install it on the phone ( vs using YY runtime ) I'm not able to access the game's data to verify the cropped .png issue . I need to root the phone I guess , it bores me to do it frankly .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bingdom

Googledom
It's likely because of your surface size.
Try this:
Code:
surface_resize(application_surface, display_get_gui_width(), display_get_gui_height());

W

Wal

@Bingdom : thanks for the help . Now I have disabled the application surface because it has a huge impact on performance on mobiles .

But do you think I should enable it , resize it , take the screenshot and then disable it again ? Might try this .