• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Screen totally black for a very short moment while rotating the device

F

felixpf

Hello everyone,
It troubled me for weeks that my project with orientation enabled on iOS devices, the screen will go totally black for a very short moment (like 1 or 2 frames?) when I rotate my device, I've recorded a video to clear up any confusion, and the issue timecode is 00:00:01:14 and 00:00:03:28. I've already tried many ways like upgrade system, build from a Windows PC, fresh reinstall GMS 2, change from YYC to VM, suppress autorun after build in Xcode, etc. but still get no luck. Xcode output "if we're in the real pre-commit handler we can't actually add any new fences due to CA restriction" every time I rotate the device. Android devices runs well with the same code.
Do anyone have any clues, suggestions on this? Like which settings could matter in Xcode or GMS 2? And if you can try on your own iOS devices would be the best.
Thank you in advance!

System Information:
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47)
Xcode version: 9.2 (9C40b)
GMS2 for macOS: 2.1.3.273
Runtime Version: 2.1.3.189
Tested Devices:
iPad Air (iOS 11.2.5),
iPad 4 (iOS 10.x),
iPhone 5S/SE (iOS 11.x.x),
iPhone 4s (iOS 9.3.5),

Sample Project:
FlickerTest.yyz

Video:
https://streamable.com/e4xgy

Last edited by a moderator:
F

felixpf

Hey guys,
I've tried numerous ways including a fresh-reinstall Xcode (both released and beta versions) and GMS 2 IDE etc. but still with no luck. BTW, the device orientation options in Xcode won't affect the result, like no matter I turn on or off the orientation options in Xcode, the build runs only according to how the orientation set in GMS 2. And the black-screen only happens when rotating with resolution change eg. rotate the device 90 or 270 degrees. If you flip the device upside-down at once (180 degrees), it goes nicely. Has anyone tried the sample on iOS devices yet? Did anyone see the same black-screen when rotating the device?