• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Screen stutter when moving diagonally.

C

Cole

So the problem is movement, as seen in the video. I have spent so much time on this problem and cannot find a fix I am satisfied with. I think I understand the issue lies within the fact that when moving diagonally, or at a non-sprint speed in my game, the amount of movement is a non-integer pixel value, which causes no issue while the camera is still, but a large issue when it is moving as seen. Fixes I hope to avoid are "changing the room speed" and "snap to pixel". I understand that if it comes down to that I may have to... But my hope is that there's another solution, perhaps in how I code the "camera" or view that follows my player? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.