• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Screen Shaking

Does the room size need to be increased in order to enable screen shaking? I've seen some tutorials that don't increase the screen size, but I was unable to accomplish this with my code until I increased the screen size by a few pixels to the side.

I was hoping that if the camera moves outside the bounds of the room, it would show a black background. My game has ~70 rooms and I'd rather not have to add a few pixels to each just to enable screen shaking on each one. Thanks in advance!

YoSniper

You can make the screen shake without increasing the size of the room, but I believe you have to manually edit view_xview and/or view_yview in order to do so. Left to their own devices (i.e. just using the view bounds in the room settings) will not allow the view parameters to go outside the boundaries of the room.

Thanks so much, that worked great! It was view_xport[0] and view_yport[0], but it did the trick either way. Really appreciate the help!