• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

screen shake white screen

G

graviax

Hi,
I tried to implement screen shake to my game, it worked as intented first, and then after a quick reboot,
everytime a screen shake occurs on screen I get 1 white frame at the creation of the instance obj_shake(wich does the screen shake)
I tried to reboot again, but it's still the same thing.
I tried to search on the internet before making this thread but I didn't find anything on the matter.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but i would appreciate your help on the matter.

(sorry for my english)

G

graviax

screen1.png
thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
here's the step even of the shake effect there's also a create event but it's just "i = 0;"
whenever I call this instance I give her a value for "time" and "shake" just like this
screen2.png

N

Nujuat

ah yep - you're dividing by 0 (by setting i = 0 in the create event, then you divide by i). Try to set i = 1 in the create event and see if that works :)

G

graviax

ah yep - you're dividing by 0 (by setting i = 0 in the create event, then you divide by i). Try to set i = 1 in the create event and see if that works :)
thanks for the reply.
I'm so dumb I should have seen that ...
It works now thanks.