• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Scratch Bros. Halloween Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezla

Scratch Bros.

by

Jezla

Direct Download (Windows)

Scratch Cats is a Mario Bros.- type game I'm making for Halloween. Two black cats (Spooky and Scratchy) must fight off the undead hordes of an evil wizard. The game is single or local two-player co-op. I'm developing it for HTML5, but for feedback purposes I'm posting a Windows build.

Controls:
Player one (Spooky): Arrow keys.
Player two (Scratchy): WASD.

What to expect: All of the game play elements are complete. Jump on the enemies to stun them, then again to kill them. Some enemies take more than one hit to stun. Each level has increasing numbers of enemies. Watch out for the Wizard and his spells! The game defaults to single-player; the second player can join at any time by hitting his jump ("W") key. There is no end, play until you run out of lives (the game will restart). I've added a proper menu, and a local high score system. Player respawn invulnerability is in, as are spawn effects for the enemies. You can also score combos by kicking multiple enemies off in quick succession.

What is coming: Sounds and music. Possibly additional level layouts and gamepad support. Additional graphic effects, changes to the score system to make the combos more meaningful.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as I'd like to release this in time for Halloween, and I hope to have it reasonably bug-free.

Last edited:

Ches Rowe

I really like graphics, but I think that the enemies are a little too hard to actually kill. Overall it's coming along, good job!

Jezla

New Update! All the details and download link are in the top post. Everything essential is in the game, and before I start adding additional level layouts I'd like some feedback on the game play, so please try it out and let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.