SCRAMBLE PIX - A little Xmas present I'm working on (fully playable so far, just adding more systems! :) )

Japster

Hi guys! - Well, anyone who knows me probably knows that I love my retro, and if you're a fellow 8-bit / 16-bit retrohead, take a look at this!:-

It's my Retro FREE Xmas pressie to anyone who loves retrogaming... SCRAMBLE PIX!

Still adding content to it, but the core game is completely playable on either Windows or Android devices - saves progress, etc - the latest build is now uploaded, features 360+ unique screenshots to play / unSCRAMBLE, and includes a complete new ATARI 8-BIT section, a ZX Spectrum section, C64/128 section, with many more to come... :D

Simply click on ANY piece / slot, then any other, to swap them - Note - they will expand and distort to fill any slot, so the clue to the correct slot SHAPE for a piece is in which direction it's stretched or squished, and by how much! - use this method to find a slot which seems more likely to display it correctly, to complete the puzzle! :D

Scramble_Pix_Latest!_sml.png

<spoiler>

Speccy_Sml.png

Speccy_Sml_Atic_Mixed.png

Speccy_Sml_Atic.png

Check it out HERE:-

Windows Version! (itch.io, FREE!)

Android Version (Google Play Store, also FREE, and NO ADS!)

* Absolutely HUGE amount of stuff added! *

NOW features:-

1) DIFFERENT SYSTEMS! - So far, my original Speccy release, and now the C64 / 128! (CPC, Atari 8-Bit, ST, Amiga, Arcade, will all eventually be included, with possibly: BBC, Electron, MSX, PC, PC Engine, Master System, Nes, Snes, and Megadrive, spare time permitting!)

2) FIVE difficulty levels - 15, 25, 40, 60, and 90 (!) pieces, ALL with separate high scores! (Active ONLY when browsing puzzles, of course :D )

3) Buttons to select different Puzzle Packs/sets, per system! (Again, active only when browsing puzzles)...

4) SAVES settings - don't like scanlines? - Set it ONCE, and forget it...   Same for full screen, preferred difficulty, Loading Stripes, etc...

5) New saves system - will now also record, for EVERY difficulty, your LOWEST moves taken on a puzzle, your BEST TIME, and the moves that you took to do it, and whether or not your BEST TIME was ALSO your BEST moves score.... :D Get ready to brag... :D

6) You can now unlock ANY puzzle by completing it first, on ANY difficulty level, so those tricky ones can be studied once beaten on the easiest level, on the puzzles selection screen!

Phew.... To say it's been a busy old day and a half would be an understatement, but I really wanted to get this out to you all! - Please do let me know if you enjoy it or find any bugs! - It would be really great hear back from you guys as usual, if you're enjoying it, and maybe see some great times!

Oh, and a big THANK YOU to those who helped me figure out the routine to split these up intelligently! - Once I get a chance, I'll extract it from my game, document it, and make it available in the forums - it's probably not pretty, but it works!... :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Hey, tried few puzzles.

puzzle2.png

Im not too familiar with these older games so i had to resort into using ghost image :D
Distorted images made it sometimes more difficult to see what was what, but i suppose thats the point.
I was about to complain about that flashing background, but then i noticed i can turn it off.

Japster

Hey, tried few puzzles.

View attachment 36722

Im not too familiar with these older games so i had to resort into using ghost image :D
Distorted images made it sometimes more difficult to see what was what, but i suppose thats the point.
I was about to complain about that flashing background, but then i noticed i can turn it off.
Many thanks for trying it out mate! :D - Yeah, the distortion is both a hindrance and a hint as to where it might fit properly, heh heh! ;)

PS - I'm adding some classic arcade art soon, so should be better (higher res too!) - Yeah, the classic loading stripes are optional! - If you're older, you may be nostalgic about them, I am! :D

Thanks again!

Den.

Elodman

Uhh, that really moves the ones, who were sitting in front of those Loading screens for long-long minutes!!!

Tried the Speccy route...
The default (?) difficulty with 25 pieces was already very unclear though, as the puzzle pieces are not of equal size or dimension ratios. Thus the distortion, scaling makes the puzzle pieces unrecognizable.

But the sound FX, when u select a piece well, and somehow slowly the picture emerges, that has a greater effect on an old-timer Homo Ludens than a Vial of Rejuvenation!!!! 🏆🥇🥈🥉

The easier play, with 15 pieces was already quite playable & enjoyable (see results attached) !!

game pic 1
game pic 2

( I already see your proggy appeared in a post in Spectrum Hu. )

Edit: so many thanx for this great proggy !!!! Don't cease such activity!

Last edited:

Japster

Uhh, that really moves the ones, who were sitting in front of those Loading screens for long-long minutes!!!

Tried the Speccy route...
The default (?) difficulty with 25 pieces was already very unclear though, as the puzzle pieces are not of equal size or dimension ratios. Thus the distortion, scaling makes the puzzle pieces unrecognizable.

But the sound FX, when u select a piece well, and somehow slowly the picture emerges, that has a greater effect on an old-timer Homo Ludens than a Vial of Rejuvenation!!!! 🏆🥇🥈🥉

The easier play, with 15 pieces was already quite playable & enjoyable (see results attached) !!

game pic 1
game pic 2

( I already see your proggy appeared in a post in Spectrum Hu. )

Edit: so many thanx for this great proggy !!!! Don't cease such activity!
Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words mate... ...cool to see it's being shared with other Speccy fans! :D

I've been working hard on it, and there's a HUGE update available at the same link now! - Nearly 900 puzzles, a better UI, more systems, and generally loads more done to it! :D

Check it out mate!

Japster

Just to let you guys know - I've made HUGE updates to this game now, both graphically, and feature-wise, not to mention content! - Over 5,200 unique screens added now, across 10 systems, (so far!) including:- ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 / 128, MSX, Atari 8-Bits, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, SNES, Megadrive/Genesis, and PC Engine!

I've also added a really fun (in my opinion!) REVEAL mode fully playable round preview (just to take a look at and play, while I implement multi-player and bonus rounds etc!), where each screen can be slowly revealed either automatically or manually, randomly or selected, and the aim is to guess the game in as few moves (or as little time) as possible, for the best score... :)

If you like Retro, maybe give it a try guys - Can be grabbed from the links in the post above! ^^^ !:-

Untitled_1024.png

Untitled4_1024.png

Untitled5_1024.png

Untitled6_1024.png

Attachments