Scaling up sprites in draw event or manual?

S

Simulacron

I want to use 32 by 32 pixel sprites in my game, but to makethe movment run smooth I scaled it up to 128 by 128 pixels. my question is now if it ss it better to scale up each sprite, so one pixel now coresponds to a 4 by 4 area or to scale it up witha draw_sprite_ext function? Scaling up the sprites would increase the size of the game, but I'm not sure if scaling up your sprites with the draw event would slow my game down. I would also need to make scaled up collisionboxes for the objects that sclae up there sprites in the draw event, so I'm not sure which way to go and which of them is more effecient?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I want to use 32 by 32 pixel sprites in my game, but to makethe movment run smooth I scaled it up to 128 by 128 pixels. my question is now if it ss it better to scale up each sprite, so one pixel now coresponds to a 4 by 4 area or to scale it up witha draw_sprite_ext function? Scaling up the sprites would increase the size of the game, but I'm not sure if scaling up your sprites with the draw event would slow my game down. I would also need to make scaled up collisionboxes for the objects that sclae up there sprites in the draw event, so I'm not sure which way to go and which of them is more effecient?
ALWAYS scale up in code, making things 16x bigger will make your game a TON bigger... and also make it run slower because it needs to reload texture pages more often. Scaling up graphics with code is really fast because the GPU can do that on its own.

S

Simulacron

ALWAYS scale up in code, making things 16x bigger will make your game a TON bigger... and also make it run slower because it needs to reload texture pages more often. Scaling up graphics with code is really fast because the GPU can do that on its own.
Thank you very much, that was everything I wanted to know :)