• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Scaling issues with new runtime 2.0.7.110

So I updated to latest runtime, and my scaling script is now not working correctly. On previous runtime(s) it would scale fine, but on 2.0.7.110 it appears to not correctly scale the application surface.

The debugger states the application surface has been resized, but it doesn't appear to actually do so. This leaves the game at the original size, whilst the window size and canvas size are scaled correctly - essentially leaving the game 'chopped' off.

I set window size, application surface size and canvas size based on the ratio to keep aspect - in a step event when a resize is detected. As I say, this worked perfectly on previous runtimes and the debugger still states an application surface resize has occurred (to expected ratio size as planned), so I think it's a bug with the application surface resize - but I'm not an expert so someone may be able to correct me :)

Anyone else having this issue, or advise what I might be doing wrong, or whether it's a new bug?...

Linked to this - is there anywhere to actually see what changes are made to the runtime? For the last two runtime updates it just says "fixed lots of html5 bugs". Is there an actual list of these bug changes??....

Anuj Raghav

same issue here. its happening on mobile devices (android , firefox and safari browsers),once you change the orientation the issue resolves, but when l you change the room it again comes back

same issue here. its happening on mobile devices (android , firefox and safari browsers),once you change the orientation the issue resolves, but when l you change the room it again comes back
I reported this as a bug on June 26th and received the following response on July 7th.

"Thanks for reporting this issue, however it is already in our bugs database under a private bug report, we've already fixed it internally and will be released in a future release.

I'll solve this ticket, as the issue is already known about and documented, but I will add a private note onto that report that you received this issue.

Thanks again,
Stewart
YoYo QA Department"

So hopefully resolved in the next runtime, which hopefully hopefully isn't far away now...

Edit: It's not an issue on previous runtime fyi, so I'm still using that...