OFFICIAL Say Hello To A New Moderator

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
It was customary on the old forums that whenever we take on new staff would announce it to everyone... and with these new forums that isn't going to change...

So, I'd like to announce that @Alice has been invited to join our staff as a global moderator. They have proven themselves time and again to have the dedication and the knowledge (and the patience) to deal with the unruly GameMaking mob ( :p ) that comes here and I have no doubt that she'll be an excellent addition to staff roster.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Congratulations, Alice. I expect good things. $:^ ]

So don't let me down. $}^ 8 Er I mean uh...

A

Aura

Congratulations Alice! (And now I'm the only powerless feline left, if you know what I mean.)

J

jackhigh24

i hate you AliceDiePie ;) congrats and hello.

oh no i fell for that link LOL he is a old mate of mine although iv not seen him for 10 years, its weird he doesn't talk with that bubble in the back of his throat but does when he sings.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Excellent choice. Also nice to see a new moderator appointed that I know at first, for once (coughtsukacough)
Don't forget that Tsuka had been a member for two years when she got appointed... it's just that nobody realized it was the same person because she didn't use an avatar at that time.

...it seems like @Jobo is planning to repeat that strategy on the new forums? xD

R

Rusty

I have to say, @Alice is probably one of the most tolerant and diplomatic members of the forums and an excellent choice for a new moderator. Congratulations, as a community, we promise not to hasten your descent into madness (lord only knows what we did to the rest of these guys).

L

Latté

Welcome.
I've been wondering though, what changes about the forum interface when you're a moderator? does it just make it so that this little red button pops up in the corner of everyone's profile that says "BAN USER" or do you have to have a discussion with all the other mods about whether or not this user needs to be banned and then they just add their name to a list of banned users so that the site knows not to let them post? I've always wondered how that works. Is there a button next to this post that you could use right now to delete it, or is it more complicated than that?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Welcome.
I've been wondering though, what changes about the forum interface when you're a moderator? does it just make it so that this little red button pops up in the corner of everyone's profile that says "BAN USER" or do you have to have a discussion with all the other mods about whether or not this user needs to be banned and then they just add their name to a list of banned users so that the site knows not to let them post? I've always wondered how that works. Is there a button next to this post that you could use right now to delete it, or is it more complicated than that?
upload_2016-7-4_18-31-55.png

As for being banned, it depends on each situation and we have no hard and fast rules. The staff here are all trusted to deal with things as they see fit and so if they feel a ban is in order they don't have to discuss it with the rest of the team first. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, sometimes we'll discuss it after... alll depends.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

re: general mod discussion

I love how @Latté asks how hard or easy it is to perform get-rid-of-you actions, and @Nocturne shows us the above picture with a CHECKMARK next to the username! LOL. $X^ D

Apparently, it's even easier than clicking a link/button right next to a user's name on any relevant page. Apparently, a mod can perform the same action on multiple users at once from the same aforementioned page. Beautiful.

M

Murr_

@Alice *SNIFF* *SNIFF* *Sob* THEY GROW UP SO FAST...even though i didn't know you for like the rest of my life until now- THEY GROW UP SO FAAAAST! *SOB* *SOBBY* SOB*