• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Say Goodbye To GameDevDan

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Well, we had to say "hello" to @Alice as a new moderator the other day, and it's now time to say "Goodbye" to another...

@GameDevDan will be stepping down from his position as a moderator on these forums and retiring to the hallowed ranks of GMC Elder. I'd just like to take a moment to thank him for all the time and work that he's put into making this forum a great place to hang out, and I'm sure we all wish him the best of luck with his future endeavours as part of Chequered Ink.

Thanks mate!

;)

G

Guest User

Noooooooo
Sayounara senpai 3:
You were a great addition to the mod team.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Oh, that was unexpected to hear...
Thank you GameDevDan for all of your effort moderating, for being such a cool guy, for your beyond amazing Jam games, and that weird 4D thing that I still don't understand!!!
And I will also wish him best of luck with Chequered Ink.
Thank you for everything man!! You meant something in this forum!!

P.S. Yes, I've already forgiven you for banning me because of one PM asking if you like pizza or not, but could I still have the answer?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Can't say I'm surprised. With the turmoil in the UK after the disastrous Brexit move, I expect there's an effort underway to draft Dan to run for Prime Minister. I realize Dan isn't a member of the Conservative Party... but he's the only decent candidate I'm personally familiar with. So perhaps he'll give up the Greens.

Let's just hope his past association with the GMC won't hurt him in the polls. Good luck Dan.

G

Guest User

I'd go matai ashi.ta instead, sayonara means "goodbye forever" and you'd probably want to say "see you again sometime" instead :p
I was trying to be dramatic .-.

Can't say I'm surprised. With the turmoil in the UK after the disastrous Brexit move, I expect there's an effort underway to draft Dan to run for Prime Minister. He's the only decent candidate I'm personally familiar with.

Let's just hope his past association with the GMC won't hurt him in the polls. Good luck Dan.
Wait, for real? I mean, I know he's been quite into politics, buuuut...

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Goodbye, Dan. Been nice having you around as a mod, good luck to you and NAL with Chequered Ink. I'll try to prevent everything from falling apart in your moderatorship absence. ^^'

I realize Dan isn't a member of the Conservative Party... but he's the only decent candidate I'm personally familiar with. So perhaps he'll give up the Greens.
Actually, from what I recall, @Mike is running for the Conservative Party *and* Labour Party leadership, too. He announced it here, and afterwards presented rather solid program for his leadership as well...

F

faissaloo

Good luck Dan :)
Can't say I'm surprised. With the turmoil in the UK after the disastrous Brexit move, I expect there's an effort underway to draft Dan to run for Prime Minister. I realize Dan isn't a member of the Conservative Party... but he's the only decent candidate I'm personally familiar with. So perhaps he'll give up the Greens.
I think he's going for Labour after Tony Blair's speech yesterday.

Overloaded

The Oneirophobe
Goodbye Dan! Thank you for your contribution on the GMC and I wish you best of luck to your new career as the Glorious Prime Minister of the UK.

Just kidding, who needs politics when you have game development am I right? Good luck with your creations!

hippyman

Goodbye GameDevDan! I honestly didn't really know you or talk to you very much (ever now that I think about it), but I've got respect for the people willing to moderate us ;)

N

nvrogers

But seriously, good luck and I hope we keep seeing you around on the forums!

R

Roger Robertson

RIP he was a good MOD, was it something contagious? We can't get it through the internet can we? Oh well. ;)

A

Aura

*sniff*

Farewell to the past GameDevDan, congratulations to the upcoming sensation~♫

(Also why does he still have the "Forum Staff" badge? Not that he doesn't deserve it but you probably (@Nocturne) forgot to let it RIP.)

G

Greenhawk

*sniffs and cries* Goodbye GameDevDan. It was a blast having foruming with you on the gmc and the game jams. :)