SOLVED Saving system (JSON)

T

TheCatWithHands

Hello! I need some help with saving system. Now I am using JSON-system, it saves everithing in files. But saving in files is not good for saving when player, for example, change the room. I think the game can use some temporary memory during playing, and use file-saving only if player push save-button.
So to sum up I wonder if there some way to save information faster (if player close the game without pushing save-button his progress will disappear), what kind of memory to use and how.
1 During the game (room state) - save to temporary memory
2 Push save-button - save to file
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo15

Hello! I need some help with saving system. Now I am using JSON-system, it saves everithing in files. But saving in files is not good for saving when player, for example, change the room. I think the game can use some temporary memory during playing, and use file-saving only if player push save-button.
So to sum up I wonder if there some way to save information faster (if player close the game without pushing save-button his progress will disappear), what kind of memory to use and how.
1 During the game (room state) - save to temporary memory
2 Push save-button - save to file
Thank you!
Look no further than this. Based on the talk by Juju so check that out as well, its linked but those two videos changed my life in regards to saving/loading via json and buffers. I hardly use ini anymore unless I need something quick and dirty to test out

T

TheCatWithHands

Look no further than this. Based on the talk by Juju so check that out as well, its linked but those two videos changed my life in regards to saving/loading via json and buffers. I hardly use ini anymore unless I need something quick and dirty to test out

Thank you very much