Saving file for email

L

lindsay

I want to save my gaming file to a flash drive or send it to my email so I can move it to a new computer. I tried flash drive and it doesn't work but what about email? I need to have it saved permanently somewhere because I am getting a new computer because mine is overheating to much and the fan is broken. I want to be able to save it on a flash drive or save it in a email. I worked hard on this game and don't want to lose it

chamaeleon

I want to save my gaming file to a flash drive or send it to my email so I can move it to a new computer. I tried flash drive and it doesn't work but what about email? I need to have it saved permanently somewhere because I am getting a new computer because mine is overheating to much and the fan is broken. I want to be able to save it on a flash drive or save it in a email. I worked hard on this game and don't want to lose it
Since you're not very specific about what doesn't work, nor what anyone can do to help, a general suggestion would be to create a zip file archive of your entire project directory for instance, and copy it to a dropbox or onedrive account, etc., so it is safely stored somewhere else.

L

lindsay

Since you're not very specific about what doesn't work, nor what anyone can do to help, a general suggestion would be to create a zip file archive of your entire project directory for instance, and copy it to a dropbox or onedrive account, etc., so it is safely stored somewhere else.
Im not asking anything specific. I just wanted to know where I could save it as a working file instead of blank like when you try to save it from what they (Gamemaker) give you to export your game.

curato

I already had a google account; so, I make backups to a external drive like a usb drive then make an offsite back up to Google drive. Might be overkill, but I do IT stuff and redundancy is my jam.

Edit: if you don't see the folder to backup it is usually in your documents folder then gamemakerstudio2
if not check the preferences to see where you set them to go:
https://docs2.yoyogames.com/source/...etting_started/preferences/prefs_general.html

Last edited:
L

lindsay

I already had a google account; so, I make backups to a external drive like a usb drive then make an offsite back up to Google drive. Might be overkill, but I do IT stuff and redundancy is my jam.
How do I save it to google drive

chamaeleon

And just to be very clear, you're not doing anything within Gamemaker. Use your operating system tools like Windows Explorer, or Finder on Mac, web browser uploading using a website, etc. It is just file copying, and the Gamemaker software is not involved with that at all, it is just that Gamemaker happens to be the software that has created the files. The same goes for copying your project to usb drives. You don't need to use Gamemaker to do that, just your regular file copying tools.