• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Saving Dialogue using INI

A

Adrien carrou

Hi everyone,
I am kind of new to game maker but took some courses and really enjoyed it, I took what I had created from those courses and decided to build off of it, so I implemented a dialogue system for my game but I want to learn more about how to create my own functions. My question is how do I save all of my dialogue for characters after I've already talked to them and when I load the game back up? I so far have had no problem with making the room persistent so that the dialogue stays after you talk to the object but my issue is when I load the game back up it restarts, any ideas of scripts I could create in order to save dialogue? I want to stick to INI because that's what all of my other things are saved on.
Thanks in advance!