• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Satsuka (Latest version: Mechanical Demonstration)

R

Rusty

Rusty's
SATSUKA

Originally programmed by @Aura for the GMC Jam #1, 2016, Satsuka is back. This version of Satsuka started off as my graphical test engine over the GMC Jam to test the animations made for the event. Since then I've spent some time adding in functional enemies, graphical touches, general gameplay mechanics and other nifty tricks.

While the project still needs a few things, (story, level designs and proper menus for a start) what I have today is the working base engine for the game that includes collectibles, full character animation and a variety of different enemies to face off against in a test room level.

It's currently only using the resources created during the GMC Jam, I'm hoping to reinforce them in future versions so keep an eye out for new enemies, new environments and a whole new layour of depth to the world of Satsuka.

Credits:
Original Programmer:
Aura

Programming and Art:
Rusty

Game Design:
Aura
Rusty

Testing:
Idiot Brother

Downloads:
Mechanical Demonstration 1.0:
MediaFire Download

Last edited:

KurtBlissZ

After you get the gameover screen, this dialog box keeps showing up.
The game is fun, the bees are the most challenging a little too challenging, pretty sure everyone else would say so.
The enemies that come out of the background are difficult to see along with the projectiles at the very beginning, not sure if it's just my terrible eye sight or not.
Also there's a mine in the beginning and I kept thinking it was an item that I could pick up, took me awhile to notice what was cause my HP to drove..
Besides all that, I like the game a lot.. Also the installer installed the most recent version of directx9 for me. So thanks for that :)

pixeltroid

Speaking only as a fan of platformers, and not as a coder(which I am not) :

- player seems to "float" up whenever she jumps. However, it gives me confidence to jump over ledges. It still feels wierd.

- Make it so that dialog/conversation doesnt happen when I restart level. It is quite tiring!

- Hammer attack is slow. Its a problem because the enemies are fast. The wasps attack in large numbers and it would be useful if player attack was faster.

- Minor issue: Your platforms look wierd. Its like its trying to give a sense of depth, but still appears flat. Perhaps you could make your platforms isometric, so the left and right edges terminate at an angle. You would just need 2 or 3 new tiles.

Last edited: