Sample Pictures my students made with Microsoft Paint...

K12gamer

My 1st year teaching computers Grades 1 to 7. (Been teaching 1st grade for past 20 years)
I was surprised at how well some of my students could draw using a mouse + MS Paint.

Anyone here good with MS PAINT? Post samples in this thread.

Sample from 3rd Grade

Sample from 4th Grade

Sample from 7th grade

Last edited:

K12gamer

@melerski Nice Pictures...Do you use just a mouse or an art tablet?

Still trying to figure out how some of my students can use MS Paint better than I can.
I really haven't shown them how to use the program...so they must have acquired their skill
somewhere else.

More art from a 7th grader...

Last edited:

Rayek

You could teach the older kids simple animation with the open sourced OpenToonz. They will love that. Can be made portable, and run off a USB key so their work is automatically saved on that key as well.

One of the volunteer developers working on OpenToonz teaches animation to 6th and 7th graders, I believe. (His name is Jeremy Bullock, goes under the dev name of Turtletooth.) He did a lot of work on making it classroom friendly.

Get the latest version here:
https://github.com/opentoonz/opentoonz_nightlies/releases

K12gamer

@Rayek thanks for the link...There is a free online animation program I showed my students called FlipAnim
Link HERE

Sample stuff my students did with Flip Anim...
7th Grade

4th Grade

Last edited:

Simon Gust

@K12gamer Are your 7th grader all furries or something? Impressive nonetheless, I remember when I started drawing at that age and it wasn't remotely as good.

woodsmoke

What I love about MS Paint the most is that it is on all the computers at work. :]

I'm going to go check out opentoonz. As a kid I did many flip-books. Thanks for the tip.

@K12gamer Yes used a mouse.

Last edited:

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
My child hood came back in the form of this thread, lol. Still use MS paint for pixel art. Sure wish it could zoom to more than 800% though. When I get a chance, I'll post the slew of RWBY characters I drew in earthbound style.