HTML5 sample for html5 game and security of html5

Traversal

Hello, can someone who owns the html Export License please provide a sample of a very simple html Export?

I want to understand how the html data is generated and if I am able to interact with php and mysql
to get values out of it to store and read from mysql/php.

Or Maybe there is a tutorial which I have overseen that explains how to interact with mysql/php from
inside a html5 Code. Maybe I am thinking wrong here and it is possible to use gml functions and
I dont need to edit the html5...?

How big is the risk of having a user manipulating the html5 games score etc (Wireshark, Injections etc) ?
Did you face this so far? Or what Kind of protection did you integrate? I know the php Code would
protect me as it runs on the server, but this module is html5...hmm?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You don't have to edit the exported files at all. In general, that's a thing you shouldn't ever have to do. You can interact with websites (and therefore a php file) via the HTTP functions.

The risk of people manipulating stuff is always there, so: Don't trust anything the client says. Sanitize any client data. Is that score even humanly possible? Did they play that round of the game for long enough to warrant having that score?

It may be easier to check such things by sending the events that led up to the score in question, rather than just the score itself, e. g. "Player collected 2 apples and survived for 100 seconds". An apple is worth 20 points, surviving for one second is worth 1 point. If the player's submitted score therefore is 140, it is more likely to be legit than if it was 500. Additionally, if cheaters have to change multiple parameters to fake their score, it's additionally effective as a deterrent.