• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS Same file formats for windows and ios?

Ido-f

I'm buying a laptop to work with on the go. I figured I should buy a mac so I'll have an easier time exporting to ios when the time comes.
I plan to have the files shared between my home computer and mac, either through source control or dropbox, so I could switch between them and work with the mac only when on the go.

Anyone knows if this would be easily done? Or does the ide for mac generates and require different file formats?

A quick answer would be very appreciated.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The file format is identical on Windows and Mac, so either method would work.

However, if you decide to use Dropbox, I recommend that you temporarily pause the background sync while you are working on the project, and resume only after GMS 2 is closed. Having both on at the same time is known to cause file access conflicts and data loss.