Portfolio - Programming Salvakiya - Over 10 years experience

S

Salvakiya

Introduction
> I started programming with Game Maker back in 2003. I have programmed in other languages but my top two are GML and Python. I am always looking for ways to improve the workflow. I find ways to put out quality work in a timely manner. I have redesigned game engines in the past and I have created many different systems to accomplish this. I am currently working on an extension which gives the programmers more tools to accomplish more with less. I enjoy my time programming and cant wait to apply my skills in your project!

Areas of Expertise
  • Artificial intelligence
  • Applications to assist in your workflow
  • Engine redesign
  • Extension's designed to assist in your workflow
  • Mentoring - I can mentor on many different topics.
  • Role playing games
  • Top down shooter's
  • Tower defence

Previous Work
Metroid Coven:

Echo on YouTube made some video's during the development process. These are not my videos but they still show alot of my work.

My video on PyGM - a python game engine:

you will also find other images of various other things I have worked on on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/salvakiya

Rates!
> The rates will vary depending on the project or type of work. Send me a message and let me know as much as you can about your project and we will see if we can work something out. Below is some general information I will need to asses the cost.
  • Type - What type of project? RPG, Engine, TDS, RTS, Tools, Extensions, so on, and so on.
  • Goal - What is the end goal or aim for the project? What are all of the intended features?
  • State of the project- How long has it been developed? How clean would you rate the code? Do you feel its frustrating to work with(if so engine redesign may be a good idea. Programming is best when Programming is fun for everyone!)
  • Budget - What do you think is a fair price for the project? I will try to work with you as best I can.

Contact
> Twitter: @Salvakiya: https://twitter.com/salvakiya

Lets build something great together!

Last edited:
H

Hylith

Hello Sal,

My name is Rob, I liked your work and thought that maybe we could work together on a project or two.

To give you a summary, I am a pretty successful UI/UX designer that has worked on many mobile/web apps. I have a moderate amount of experience in game design and worked on quite a few projects mostly in the UI design, coming up with ideas and testing.

The first project will be:

1) Rogue Platformer - I saw a script on the marketplace that I would like to use initially (creates procedural levels) but customize it and possibly add in more features. I saw a few other free scripts that looked great, so there is no need to write it all from scratch.

Such as - more items, save feature, shop, perhaps more traps, story-line and some boss battles.

The intended goal of this game is to act as a low-cost to free (possibly) marketing lure to drive attention to the larger project.

Please let me know an average how much you would charge.

2) Top Down Action RPG (Space theme)

This game was actually partially created and then dropped due the to the programmer having issues. It is a fantastic idea and already had the main features built behind it... but that was 3-5 years ago. The sprite/character designs still look great. The engine was working and pretty basic but I think building it from scratch would be best.

This game will be sold and marketed.

This can be discussed further after the first project but just wanted to let you know of the overall plan.

I can offer three options:

1) Totally paid job - I would just compensate you based on your work and I would own the rights.
2) Profit-percentage/paid job - Combination of compensation and profit shares (obviously a lower percentage than 3)
3) Total profit percentage - Higher profit shares, commit more loyalty but assume more risk.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Robert K.

I

IE Entertainment

Introduction
> I started programming with Game Maker back in 2003. I have programmed in other languages but my top two are GML and Python. I am always looking for ways to improve the workflow. I find ways to put out quality work in a timely manner. I have redesigned game engines in the past and I have created many different systems to accomplish this. I am currently working on an extension which gives the programmers more tools to accomplish more with less. I enjoy my time programming and cant wait to apply my skills in your project!

Areas of Expertise
  • Artificial intelligence
  • Applications to assist in your workflow
  • Engine redesign
  • Extension's designed to assist in your workflow
  • Mentoring - I can mentor on many different topics.
  • Role playing games
  • Top down shooter's
  • Tower defence

Previous Work
Metroid Coven:

Echo on YouTube made some video's during the development process. These are not my videos but they still show alot of my work.

My video on PyGM - a python game engine:

you will also find other images of various other things I have worked on on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/salvakiya

Rates!
> The rates will vary depending on the project or type of work. Send me a message and let me know as much as you can about your project and we will see if we can work something out. Below is some general information I will need to asses the cost.
  • Type - What type of project? RPG, Engine, TDS, RTS, Tools, Extensions, so on, and so on.
  • Goal - What is the end goal or aim for the project? What are all of the intended features?
  • State of the project- How long has it been developed? How clean would you rate the code? Do you feel its frustrating to work with(if so engine redesign may be a good idea. Programming is best when Programming is fun for everyone!)
  • Budget - What do you think is a fair price for the project? I will try to work with you as best I can.

Contact
> Twitter: @Salvakiya: https://twitter.com/salvakiya

Lets build something great together!

I

IE Entertainment

Hi, my name is Patrick and I am the founder and owner of an INDIE studio called Imagine Eternity Entertainment LLC, or IE Entertainment for short. So far I am the sole team member working on a game that I hope to finish within the next 6 months (hopefully). It is basically an action platformer with SHMUP-style mechanics. The visual style will be similar to something along the lines of the 2d Capcom fighters like X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes. I'm still deciding if it will be stage based or a more MetroidVania style adventure.

I am the current programmer, game designer, lead artist and sound designer. While I welcome wearing many hats, I am looking for someone to aid me with the programming so that I can concentrate on my strengths which are game design and building out the art assets. Simply put, I am NOVICE at coding and I need help with the more complicated programming tasks. I have a solid base down. Running, jumping, wall jumping, double jumping etc, as well as a few other mechanics. I have a few more player mechanics left that I need programmed and integrated as well as a few enemy AI routines, menus and a UI.

I will need someone who will be able to set aside a reasonable amount of time a week to work on this project as well as have meetings to discuss the games progress.

If you want to be a part of something that I believe will be big, then I want to here from you. You may just be who I am looking for. If you are interested, please post links to your portfolio or feel free to DM me here in the GM community. Because this job will be for a project created under and for my LLC, I am prepared to assure a percentage of the games sales once the project is completed and reaches the consumer stage. As far as what percentage will be given, we can discuss any future payment and other fine details during our initial meeting in what ever form that takes place.

I look forward to hearing from all of the amazingly talented people here in the GM community. Thank you.