1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 8:30 to 11:30 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

Question - Code Runtime Autotiling?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by elkiwy, Dec 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. elkiwy

elkiwy Guest

Hello,
    I just bought GM2 and it looks very promising.
    I was messing around trying to make a topdown shooter with tiles instead of object to create the map of it, and I managed to destroy a single tile in runtime, the problem is that it doesn't switch tile to adapt to the new layout of the map now that that tile is missing.

I searched a bit in the documentation and the forum to find a solution but it doesn't seem to be a function that can call again the autotile system in runtime...

Am I forced to make a custom autotile function by myself or I can manage to fix it with the new GM2 autotiling?

Thanks

2. Aura

Aura Guest

You can't use the built-in autotiling functionality at runtime yet.

3. elkiwy

elkiwy Guest

"Yet" means that it's a feature that will be added for sure in the immediate future?

4. Mike

Mike nobody important GMC Elder

It'll get added. No time frame yet.

csanyk likes this.
  5. elkiwy

elkiwy Guest

Awesome!
    Thank you <3