• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Running my program isn't working

Srxacha

Hello! This is my first-day trying GameMaker Studio 2 and just Game dev in general. I am quite new to this, and I've been following the 'Little Town tutorial'. I'm on session 1, "episode" 7 currently. This one's about running your program - I was trying that, and I've tried several times and it still doesn't work. This is what it says:

"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.3.6.464/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.il6dv5/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

I checked my Compile Errors window, and it said that there were no errors to show. What should I do? I've been stuck on this for so long and I just found this forum, so I hope you guys can help!!

Namlich

I have a similar problem after i updated GM. Can't run any projects. The compiler stops at "Setting scheduler resolution to 1" and then nothing more happens.

I've had to download an older version, and now everything works again.

Nevermind, my problem is not linked to this. Sorry.

Last edited:

dindin

I have a similar problem after i updated GM. Can't run any projects. The compiler stops at "Setting scheduler resolution to 1" and then nothing more happens.

I've had to download an older version, and now everything works again.

Nevermind, my problem is not linked to this. Sorry.
Where did you download the older version?, I been having the same problem with my project fire jump

Stra

If you're on Mac, follow this thread