• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Running Gamemaker in locked down environment

D

Dave_B2000

Hi.

I am trying to get GameMaker-Studio working at a school in a locked down environment. The students do not have access to C:

When I logon as admin I can install and run the software without any issues.

When I try to run the software as a student (after it has been installed as admin) the screen just flickers briefly and the program doesn't launch.

I have read on another thread that you need access to the TMP and TEMP folders so I have tried a command to change these locations to point to a network folder that the students have read/write access to. Still does the same thing.

I have also tried running the program directly from the students network folder but again it just flickers and does nothing.

Has anyone else had a situation similar to this or got any further suggestions that may help ?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Ask for the Education version of GMS, that one has adaptations for working off share-based setups like yours.

You can get a quote here and more information about it here.