1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Running game scores

Discussion in 'Programming' started by lionheard, Jun 20, 2018.

1. lionheard

lionheard Member

Im working on a running endless game and i want to place the scores somewhere on the top of the screen in the way that when my screen move it always stays there. I also wanted some help in counting the scores. How can i count the scores in a way for example if my obj moves 50px right the scores increase by 1.

2. Carl Nylander

Carl Nylander Member

draw the text in the "draw gui" event.

use the following to set the score based on how far the player have moved horezontaly:
    score = floor(x/50)

3. Alexx

Alexx Member

Just a heads up, in (most) endless running games, the player doesn't move on the x axis, only up and down, it's the items that they dodge / collect that move. Other wise you would need an endlessly large room, which isn't practical or possible.

You can set an alarm to increase the score by one, based off the speed of the moving items.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018