• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Running game only shows background

C

Cmski

Hi

I've been using GM for a while. Yesterday I suddenly found that with every project whenever I hit run all that would show is the room's background layer and nothing else.

I've also reinstalled GM. Has anyone else experienced this? I need help.

I've attached a picture of the GM example game so you know it's not my bad coding.

Gm_error.PNG

C

Cmski

This is the example game on gamemaker attached. And yes, I've been working on my game for the past 3 months.

S

Stratos.la

have you tried creating another room to see if the problem is in that particular? never happened to me just brainstorming here

C

Cmski

Just created a new room, put stuff in it and nothing. Only the background shows up.

C

Cmski

I just found this in the output:

Failed to load image C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\YoYo Platform Lite RM4657\sprites\sClimb\cadd5066-96ce-421d-9eac-a44bb937e6d4.png
Failed to load image C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\YoYo Platform Lite RM4657\sprites\sClimb\05b8a9a1-dbc8-49a5-be48-949b96a758ea.png
Failed to load image C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\YoYo Platform Lite RM4657\sprites\sClimb\102abc64-967f-42ef-920e-928b03f11e88.png

D

Deleted member 13992

Is working out of your onedrive safe?

Assuming you went and made sure those PNGs actually exist. Just to make sure onedrive didn't have a "moment of inspiration".