• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Runner Keeps Crashing Randomly

RyanC

Hi everyone,
Recently my game keeps crashing with the following message:

GameMaker:Studio Runner (c) YoYo Games Ltd.
2015 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I'm running game maker v1.4.1763 through steam, and it's since steam updated that this is happening.

Ant ideas how I can find out why?

C

Christopher Atkins

Hi, I'm having that same issue all of sudden as well. Did you find a solution?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Hi, I'm having that same issue all of sudden as well. Did you find a solution?
The first two things you should do whenever you suspect a runner-level fault in GMS:
  • Clear your compile cache and rebuild. This will get rid of stale resources that may be fighting with new code.
  • Build a blank project with just a single room and look for the fault there. This will tell you if the problem is really the runner's or just your project's.