• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)

B

Bune Duggy

Hey, all of a sudden my game isn't compiling and I'm not sure why. I'm hoping somebody here can help me out with this because I've seen a lot of other issues I've had with GMS 2.3 posted here.

I get this at the end of the compile in the Output window:

Code:
V://windows/Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)
elapsed time 00:00:45.3323365s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.0.401/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 09/22/2020 23:27:05
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0360332s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 09/22/2020 23:27:51
"cmd"  /c subst W: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0240220s for command "cmd" /c subst W: /d started at 09/22/2020 23:27:51
"cmd"  /c subst V: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0250228s for command "cmd" /c subst V: /d started at 09/22/2020 23:27:51
FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.
While compiling for the first time after cleaning the cache the memory use of Game Maker Studio 2 in the Windows task manager gets very high. I've got 32gb of ram and it gets into the 20-30gb range. After a compile it gets around 6-8gb.

The Sytax Error and Compile Error windows show nothing.

I'd post the entire Output window but it says my post is too long (big game) and I'm not sure it'd help much anyway. It's mostly just textures and sounds being compressed.

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me get to the bottom of this!

chirpy

The log seems to be saying that the game compiled but failed to run?

If you have a big game migrated to 2.3, perhaps you can try calling gc_enable(false) to disable the newly introduced (not sure, is it new?) garbage collector. It had crashed my game without proper warning when run on PC.

B

Bune Duggy

I'll give that a go!

Edit: No dice, but thanks for letting me know about that!

ensomari

Hey Bune Duggy, by compiling for a YYC instead of a VM I managed to get compiler errors. It was running out of memory. Reduced my texture page size and it's working again.

B

Bune Duggy

I ended up reverting to a fairly old build that worked and just redid all the work I lost. But thanks, I'll keep this in mind for next time!