• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Run for android not work

G

Gamedel

Create executable works without problems and create apk file for android.
But if i try to run game on android device from GMS2 then compile stuck -

Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=17328,3633
Stats : GMA : sp=231,au=38,bk=0,pt=39,sc=64,sh=0,fo=7,tl=0,ob=231,ro=15,da=0,ex=3,ma=156,fm=0x92C0B3DD7BF92BB1

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)

Please help :(

P.S. adb works and show all devices, GMS1 can run game on android device without problems.

ophelius

I have the same problem, no idea what causes it, I also can't just hit F5 with my phone plugged in to test it directly. I have to build the apk first, then transfer it over to my phone to try it.
To test while developing, I just run it set as a Windows platform, and I just turn on the mouse in the Windows options and use the mouse to simulate screen touches. Once I'm ready to test the game on a real device I just compile the apk and transfer it over. It's a bit more tedious, but it's better than nothing. I'm curious as to what causes this issue.

G

Gamedel

if i use YYC compile then i can see error in console

C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
C:\Users\Gamedel\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb -s "" shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.yad.madhillbt/.RunnerActivity
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.yad.madhillbt/.RunnerActivity }

Error type 3

Error: Activity class {com.yad.madhillbt/com.yad.madhillbt.RunnerActivity} does not exist.

G

Gamedel

Damn, I'm an idiot. I did not know that in GMS2 you need to choose a device to run the game.
The problem is resolved.

screen.PNG