• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 RulesQuest: the gameseries

What is this about?

RulesQuest is a series of short games taking place in the same universe. The goal for you, the player, is to figure out the rules of the game as you play. Uncover its ever-expanding plot, and follow the stories of recurring characters through the series!

List of chapters:

- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
RulesQuest 1: Running out of power
Entropy is taking over the world. Obtain the 5 crowns to restore the order and rule once again!
- You are the white player
- Your goal is to acquire all 5 crowns
- The rules change in each game, you must learn them and adapt
- You have 4 enemies (Red, Gold, Blue, and Green) who each have their unique AI and dialogues.

Controls:
- WASD/arrow keys: move
- Space bar: pick up items/ drop items
- Escape : restart the game (useful if you're stuck)

Features:
- Auto-attacking
- Levelling up
- 4 bosses with unique AI and dialogue

Play the first game here:
http://gamejolt.com/games/rulesquest1/272688

Last edited:
As I saw in the video, your computer AI is trying to get to the player's x and y. That's making him impossible to get hit by player?

As I saw in the video, your computer AI is trying to get to the player's x and y. That's making him impossible to get hit by player?
Oh nah it's just that the game was lagging on that video, so the player's DPS at level 1 is super slow. He just doesn't attack fast enough :) It gets fixed by levelling up (or by just having a faster PC)

Oh nah it's just that the game was lagging on that video, so the player's DPS at level 1 is super slow. He just doesn't attack fast enough :) It gets fixed by levelling up (or by just having a faster PC)
I've meant that the comp AI is overlapping the player and it doesn't seem natural.

0.Bytes

It is a simple game but with a good concept, the music was good, but the sfx are way too loud, and btw, Z key is moving up just like W, I dont know if it was supposed to work that way, but it is good for a compo game, really good for a one man jobs, congratulations =D

sylvain_l

funny game :)
only one play (up to victory)

ld39test.jpeg
seams, other kings AI are not very intelligent :/
(also side bug: one of the king was trapped in an closed wall park with his castle :p) so he did nothing until I cam, to cruch the walls and kill him; 2 kings where killed by the mobs; got thir crowns for free :) )

side not; game came a bit hard when your speed movement are high :p (not easy to target your castle, or any power up to pickup)