• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows RTS Tank Wars

Bingdom

Googledom
One of my first Game maker projects that I've made. I recently found it from my stockpile of mini projects and prototypes, and i'm happy to share it to the community for free. I don't plan on continuing development on this game, and it has pretty inefficient programming but it should run completely fine on any machine that has 1.5Ghz or faster CPU.

Press Spacebar during Gameplay to give you a quick summary about how to play the game.

upload_2016-8-28_1-21-37.png
upload_2016-8-28_1-22-10.png
upload_2016-8-28_1-24-15.png
upload_2016-8-28_1-25-41.png
upload_2016-8-28_1-25-16.png
Features:
~ 2 Player Splitscreen
~ Singleplayer Survival
~ 4 Different buildings - Gold Collector, Turret, Lab and Minion Spawner
~ 3 Playable tanks
~ 3 Upgrade levels per building
~ Regenerating health

Controls:
Player 1:
WASD - Movement
Q - Minion Spawner
E - Shoot
Z - Gold Generator
X - Turret
C - Lab

Player 2:
Arrow Keys - Movement
N - Minion Spawner
M - Shoot
J - Gold Generator
K - Turret
L - Lab

You can upgrade buildings by holding down the fire button and the same construct building button e.g.
Player 1 can upgrade his gold mine by holding 'Z' and 'E'. Player 2 can upgrade his Minion spawner by holding down 'N' and 'M'. You can still upgrade after the timer has ran out, but you cannot build.

Instructions in detail are provided in the readme file, i would recommend reading it before you play the game. ;)
Download
Enjoy :D

NOTE: Minions are badly optimized and will lag the game if there is a lot of them 100+?

Last edited: