• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Rooms in Trial Version

S

Silviu276

Hello! I have only trial version so I can have maximum 5 rooms. I have menu, game room, game room(hard difficulty, if you click on the right button in the menu room), game over room(with a message) and options room. And I want to delete the game over message and put the game over image(or simple a text, but I will be happy to hear that you can help me on how can I do only a game over text) to appear after a collision with obj_laser, but on rm_game(game room)

B

Becon

What I would do is make an object and assign your game over image to it and make sure the depth is pretty high so it displays over all the other objects. Then in, I assume your player who will collide with the laser I would set a variable isPlayerDead = 0
If player collides with laser isPlayerDead = 1
Have some sort or object in your room with no image that just does a check to see what state isPlayerDead in.
If isPlayerDead = 0 do nothing.
If isPlayerDead = 1 spawn draw, create whatever your desire to make the game over object spawn...do it. You can also use this function to make restart buttons appear in the room as well so you can start the game over without needing another room for it.

Let me know if this helps you! =o)